Friday, September 17, 2010

Before Re-touching

After Re-touching

We did a tutorial on how photo-editors of magazing touch up celebrities and make them look 'perfect'. It makes me extremely mad at Hollywood at the moment, oh well. We got a normal untouched picture of a girl (Mr. Sands had it and I have no clue where he got it so...). We copied the layer of her and used tools such as hue/saturation, liquify, and Spot Healing Brush Tool. The latter took away any blemish/'unwanted' freckle.
This was a great project and I really enjoyed learning about how extremem most touch-ups are. Next time, I would give her green eyes (rather than purple) and try another way to redo her make-up.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Water Elemental Paint Splat

Here's the other one. Enjoi! :P

Fire Elemental Paint Splat

This was an extrememly hard project (mainly because of how precise all my erasing/cutting had to be). We were assaigned to create a flowing, matching paint splat picture using pictures that we took and non-copyrighted images if needed. I attempted to create an elemental-genre picture (like the person was controling the flames).
I like this one because it turned out the best, but I'm also putting my water one up as well. You can decide which you prefer.
I I did this project differently, I would arrange the paint splats in a different way or would use different ones altogether. I like the colors I used in this one and my water one though...

Monday, September 13, 2010


We were assigned to practice bevel and emboss and make an amp. I don't like this amp and it really doesn't look real. I couldn't figure out the whole color thing. Next time, I'm using black...

Friday, September 10, 2010

CoLoR wHeEl

We were assaigned to create an original color wheel using things that represented us. I used seahorses and surfboards because my life practically revolves around the beach. Plus, I love to surf.
First I found the right images, made about 25 layers or so and then made another layer overtop of each one so that I could insert the colors and make them flow. This took about three days to do. It turned out really cool!
I think if I did this project again, I'd choose something other than seahorses for the center or attempt a background.
I really like how the surfboards took in the color. I think they're my favorite part of the color wheel.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Escaping Reality

We were assigned to take pictures of ourselves with a partner and a picture frame and then adding something in the picture that showed something about us. (wow... that was a run-on)
After taking the pictures in the school courtyard, my partner and I brought back the camera and uploaded our pictures to the computer. After ward we were allowed to go crazy with the details. I wanted to make it look like I was trying to escape into the picture for a while (inspired by the Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis).
I layered the original picture (the one with my partner and the frame), cut myself out of my 'falling' picture, and then found another picture of a place I would rather be and inserted it.
If I did this project again, I would try having the frame sideways because there were a few beach scenes I wanted to use but couldn't because they were horizontal.
One thing I had trouble with was adjusting the picture inside the frame. I'm going to make sure my frame is straight next time so I can adjust it better.