Thursday, September 2, 2010

Escaping Reality


We were assigned to take pictures of ourselves with a partner and a picture frame and then adding something in the picture that showed something about us. (wow... that was a run-on)
After taking the pictures in the school courtyard, my partner and I brought back the camera and uploaded our pictures to the computer. After ward we were allowed to go crazy with the details. I wanted to make it look like I was trying to escape into the picture for a while (inspired by the Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis).
I layered the original picture (the one with my partner and the frame), cut myself out of my 'falling' picture, and then found another picture of a place I would rather be and inserted it.
If I did this project again, I would try having the frame sideways because there were a few beach scenes I wanted to use but couldn't because they were horizontal.
One thing I had trouble with was adjusting the picture inside the frame. I'm going to make sure my frame is straight next time so I can adjust it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment