Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DRAGONS!?


So we were assigned to create a person or animal walking. I decided that I wanted to try to animate a dragon flying. I had to look up how a bird flies, which took longer than I thought. It was really interesting to see how an animator draws things step by step. I really enjoyed this project. I may just have to try doing this with a Disney character to see how that would work out....
Overall, I think this turned out really well. The Pirates of the Carribean music matched incredibly well. GO KLAUS BADELT! (It's He's a Pirate by Klaus Badelt.) I think it was very sucessful as my first hand-drawn animation project. I love this type of thing!!!
Hand-drawing this is what worked out incredibly well for this project. I hoestly don't think it would'vr turned outa s well if I'd drawn this on the computer. The only thing that didn't work as well was editing the music, but that was because I'd never done editing on audacity before so... idk....
If I do this again, I'm going to try using Disney character. But that's just because I'm obsessed. Hahaha! I would also try to remember to put the sun behind the clouds...
The most difficult part to my was making sure everything went as fast as the dragon was flying and making sure that it was also going the same direction as him so that it doesn't look like he's going backward- which would completely defeat the purpose of him flying.
I learned how to draw movement with characters which was SO COOL!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment